Contemplate these quick concepts as we cross into a new year.
1. Just because people say something is not bad doesn’t mean that it’s good.
2. People who ask good questions usually have good answers.
3. Friendship often requires being happy to get to know people only through their sadness.
4. Success is equal parts holding onto the right things and discarding the wrong ones.
5. You’re not late if you don’t show up.
6. Never trust the process more than you trust yourself.
7. Game the system, or it will eventually game you.
8. Life may not have cheat codes, but pushing the right buttons can put you ahead of your competition.
9. Commit to yourself, or you will never commit to others.
10. Too much free time may cost you dearly down the line.
11. Sometimes creating chaos is the only way to survive chaos.
12. Getting lured into an argument on social media is akin to walking through a neighbor’s yard and purposely stepping on dog shit despite clearly seeing the pile.
13. Being understood by others requires a clear expression of mixed feelings.
14. Never let the exhaust spewed by haters pollute your sunny outlook.
15. Get good enough at the right slice of life, and life becomes a piece of cake.
16. You cannot expect others to believe in you if you are not prepared to believe in yourself.
17. To approach danger too closely is to forget what it is.
18. Kindness is contagious, but negativity is, too. Get infected with the former and cure the latter.
19. Those who lose their way often ignore the signs that could give them direction.